Part I: Let’s Start at the Beginning…
- What’s your name?
I have one not.
- Give me your full name…
How can I? I given one not.
- Do you have a nickname? If yes, what is it and how did you come to have it?
Called I Nameless, The Nameless One, Shallius, Avessnymous by no one, everyone, anyone. Ask you why know want?
- What species are you? (Human, werewolf, etc? Or are you an alien?) I know you have some special gifts that aren’t entirely human.
Some say Pukah, some say Powrie, Pukah say pukah. Hers am I, enough known is.
(Editor’s note: He is a pukah, so don’t expect to understand when he actually says the truth. He’s not your usual pukah, but the race cannot say an unembellished truth to save their lives. It would be like an angel cursing God, or a demon blessing the Devil.)
Gifts? What are Gifts? Healers love me, fighters like me, Light surrounds me always or never. She has cursed me, so never Her gifts do I bear – the webs that I call, the language of Her smallest children, of her Ascended Children, of Her to understand. Where I look, others my bidding do. Others can see the mists, I cannot, though told should I able be. When speaking, I truth tell with eternity to pass into forgetting you.
5. Where/when were you born?
Remember it clearly. It was darkness that glowed pretty colors. It was beautiful. And silent, always it was silent.
Remember not. Fight, fight, always fight. Fight learn, fight provide, entertain live. Live eat did. Surrounded always was.
(Editor’s note: He was born in the slave cells of the Sumja Sija Arena.)
- Okay, now…do you believe that you are good or bad or are those terms not definable?
What is good? What is bad? Fight good do. I eat. I live.
Part II: Tell Us More About Yourself…
- How would you describe your personality?
What She asks, demands, I am. Nothing more.
- Would you say you’re someone who can handle pressure? What’s a good example?
Finals lived I. Eat I do, survive I do. More wish hear? Fight, fight, fight, fight, always fight. Live I do, more?
- Do you get along with others?
I train Silk, I live Silk.
(No, he does not play well with others. He tends to break his toys.)
- Who are your main enemies, people you would like to see stopped from whatever they are doing?
Those who profit wrongly from the matches. When Clans grow big, matches use grow small.
- How about allies?
What are allies?
- What is one things that you would like to see happen in the immediate future?
To be Called. I am Hers, serve as Her Child.
Part III: Hypothetically…
- Suppose that you could become any creature you know of. What would you pick, and why?
I am enough. Her Children choice can be, will be, am.
- One of your enemies in question 13 just complimented you. What is your response?
Thank you. Wager against will?
- One of your friends in Question 14 just insulted you. What is your response?
What friend is?
- If you could change anything about yourself…
Nothing. Everything. All of me is perfectly wrong.
- Tell me about where you grew up…
Painfully dark. Painfully loud. Safe for all who encounter. Polite to each, rude to none. That I do not remember.
Part IV: Now We Get Personal
- What’re your parents like?
I have no parents.
(Editor’s note: He was orphaned at birth, and wet nursed on an old ewe. His father is someone special, but you don’t discover who until the end of the series.)
- Do you have any siblings?
What are those?
(Editor’s note: He does not. Even his half-siblings from his mother were dead before he was born.)
- What’s your occupation? Do you like it?
Owner now, then slave.
(Editor’s note: He is a Runner now. He won his freedom, which is the difference between an Owner and Runner.)
- Are you seeing/dating anyone?
Mean you what?
- If not, did you ever think about getting engaged or married and to whom?
What that is mean you?
- Tell us your biggest secret.
Secret? What mean you?
(Editor’s note: He is a pukah – a faerie half breed – with all the gifts and abilities that includes. Unlike most, however, he did not develop fully when he awoke, and so does not have a complete animal shift. However, even in his hominid form, he keeps most of his shift’s attributes. If he would have developed properly, he would have had the unusual shift of an oversized spider, the attributes he has relate to this – fully developed poisoned fangs, the ability to spin webs, and unusually acute senses (more than his environment can account for), and a body that can withstand an extremely high amount of damage.)
- Your worst fear? You don’t have to answer this one if you don’t want to.
To be Called by Her. I live for Her, I die for Her. Alone not am I from Her.
- Tell us one thing you’re the most proud of and why?
I live. I eat, I live. Many days living was a trial.